Friday, August 13, 2010

Bellingham, Washington





We're in Bellingham, Washington visiting my stepbrother and his wife. I haven't seen them in ages and it's been so nice to be in their house, hanging out in their back yard, and visiting with them. Their 2 dogs are very cute well behaved, and the puppy is just big enough to handle little J smothering her. She follows big J all over the yard as the kids explore. The boys just love the dogs, and definitely their aunt and uncle too!

The heat has skyrocketed around here, they say it isn't normal for this part of Washington to be in the 90's like this, but after spending all summer in rain and 50-60 degree temps, --I'm happy-- Even if we are a little sweaty.

Unfortunately Lisa had to work today, but Stein has been quite the gentleman and showed us such a good time. He knows how I love seeing neat old buildings, and had an inkling on how the kids and Pete love the beach - bless his heart he made all of us happy today. I'm so glad I've gotten to spend this time with them.






This is Stein and the dogs out wading in the water - which was a big high point for Pete. The boys and I didn't go into the water because it was a bit muddy, but we had fun playing in the sand and throwing rocks into the water... Which for some reason, I just don't understand is one of the boys favorite things to do.

No comments: