Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Anniversary

Marty pointed that out to me this weekend while we were in Homer walking the docks in the harbor that its been a year since we quit. I don't know how I could have forgotten, March 17th of last year was the last day I had a cigarette.

I still enjoy 2nd hand smoke in the rare times I find myself around it but I am so glad to be with out that old habit. I smoked for about 14 years. It's starting to feel normal not having cigarettes a regular part of my day. Ruling my day. Looking back I don't know how I smoked up to 2 1/2 packs a day.

I owe it all to God. I prayed and prayed for him to help me stay strong through every part of my day - which I hadn't really done well in hundreds of previous attempts to quit smoking - He totally came through for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God and congratulations to both of you. What an amazing thing.
-Damon

Klondike Kate said...

OMG! That's so fabulous!!!!