Saturday, September 11, 2004

Baptized!!

M and I were baptized tonight. We spent the evening at the minister's house for dinner and bible study and decided to just go do it. M has never been baptized; I was baptized when I was a baby. So as adults we've finally made the decision after studying baptism for a few weeks and just did it. I'm pretty jazzed, not to mention humbled, honored, just to name a few. It was sorta strange because I never knew churches had submersion tanks, growing up it was always a splash to the head. I always thought it more a gesture then thinking of it as the bible teaches, puting old ways in the past and being born again into Christ. But we were fully dunked tonight and it wasn't weird at all, in fact I could have hung out in the tank afterwards it was so warm. Anyway, 9-11-04 at around 9:30 pm. I want to remember this and when it happened.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! That's awesome. I'm so happy for you guys.
-nomad

Frankly Frankie said...

I love to hear people's conversion story. the night I was baptized I was "scared straight" so to speak. I watched a movie about the end of the world and knew that I was not saved. So I called my mom and to come to town because Dave Dvorak was baptizing me at mid-night. Coming up out of that water I felt cleaner than any bath had ever made me feel. Have people care enough to come down in the middle of the night to witness it...still makes me get goosebumps!

MrsM said...

Frankie that's hilarious, you made Dave come down at Midnight?? LOL

Dave is the best isn't he?